Instilling new culture, Brewery group, Europe, 2000 employees.
- Under pressure from Europe, breweries are asked to raise awareness among employees about (excessive) alcohol consumption.
- Message needs to reach the entire company.
- There are specific “risk groups”.
- Distribution, carriers, …
- Catering vendors
- In our case, also 5 countries
- A traditional campaign (e.g. with posters) will not have the intended effect
- The choice is made to involve the managers in the campaign as well as the Fund that is already responsible for the well-being of the employees within the company.
- A “model” of the approach is drawn up and tested in 3 countries. The findings lead to the definitive approach.
- Before the campaign starts, managers are informed and “trained” (sessions).
We worked on 3 levels:
- 8-minute video (broaching the issue)
- Group discussion according to specific guidelines with the help of an external facilitator
Closure by manager: concrete action points and follow-up + information about what the Fund can do for people who need it.
- Entire campaign took 18 months
- Very positively received by managers and employees
- Problems with alcohol use were discussed in various work sessions
- Certain employees
- Team discussions: a whole series of recommendations were given to sales and distribution people to better deal with the social pressures of customers.
- Recommendations came from the colleagues themselves, which makes them very concrete and applicable.
- The brewery group realised that there was no uniform policy on alcohol consumption and that the internal rules (and sanctions policy) on alcohol consumption were not really known or consistently applied.