When listening to employees is literally worth its weigth in gold!
Does a problem seem to be widespread? Is there unrest within a team? Do you want to look for the root cause of certain difficulties? Do you need to solve problems related to quality, productivity, sales, customer focus, high costs, commitment, behavior … ?
Listening sessions with external persons open doors and often lead to surprising results.
- Quality problems in a plant of plastic films for packaging, 12 lines, 3 shifts
- Manufacturer of the machines does not find the cause.
- 25%-35% production waste is a constant
- Listening sessions with workers reveal that machines are disrupted by them after work to get the monthly premium for the most productive team.
- System is adjusted: higher premiums and per 3 shifts
- Waste reduced by 95%
- Production costs significantly reduced
- Plant competitiveness significantly increased
- New productivity premiums per 3 shifts works as a motivator
Internal conflict situation
- Unrest in a European call center for vehicle assistance leads to spontaneous strike
- Underlying reasons not clear
- An urgent solution is needed
- Listening sessions with employees show that there is a breach of trust with a Team Leader
- Many other underlying frustrations and problems also come to light
- Work organization has evolved in collaboration with the employees
- Team Leader realizes herself that she will function better in a different work environment
- Focus on the creation of a feedback culture
Drop in sales
- Declining sales in an industrial group active in EMEA
- Cause is difficult to identify by the company itself
- Listening sessions in 6 countries, sales teams but also technical support
- Cause revealed: sales structure and organisation with technical support leads to internal difficulties and impact sales potential negatively
- Redesign of the overall customer approach with input from the listening sessions
- Significant increase in sales and margin sustainable over time
- Profit drastically increased